Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 March 2011

Don't let them send Reza to a country where he has never lived!

  
Protest  4.30pm 9th March outside Sheffield Town Hall!

Reza Yosefi was detained again on Thursday 3rd March morning and is now in Colnbrook IRC with flight booked to Afghanistan - where he has never lived - for March 16th.
There is a demo for Reza planned for Wednesday 9th March at 4.30pm outside Sheffield Town Hall.  Please can you publicise to your contacts and also see the suggestions for action on the cdas website: 

http://www.sheffieldcdas.org.uk/


Individual letters to Theresa May if possible with copies to David Blunkett who is Reza's MP and who is supporting Reza.

 A personal message from Reza:

My name is Reza Yosefi, I’m 20 years old. I will be forcibly deported  to Afghanistan though I have never been there. I have been a refugee all my life.

Please tell them to stop my deportation because everyone deserves to have a normal life in safety.
I was born in Iran and grew up there as the son of illegal Afghani refugees. I wanted to go school at 14, but was not allowed to attend. I wanted to work, but when I tried, I was arrested and badly beaten by the police.

At the age of 15, on fear of deportation I was sent to England to try to find a safe place where I could grow up. It took around 7 months to get here and I was often hungry and afraid. At 18 I was refused indefinite leave to remain and now, at 20, I am homeless, have no benefits and I am not allowed to work.

My situation is desperate. Now I am being deported. Please help me to stay in England. I want to study and work and live a normal teenage life. I have friends in Sheffield and have started to make a life of my own here, please help me to continue living here in safety.

Your Sincerely
Reza Yosefi

Reza Yosefi’s interview – click here to watch

Download - New Model Letter (please edit according to recipient and personalise if possible)

More information about Afghanistan and other asylum seekers due to be deported on the same flight as Reza – http://www.freemovement.org.uk/

Reza has been  detained once again 3/3/11

We have some worrying news. Reza was arrested around 11am when he went to sign on this morning (3rd March 2011). He is currently being taken to Colnbrook detention centre in London, where he will stay until the UKBA try to deport him to Afghanistan on 16th March on flight no. PVT 800.

Reza and his lawyer, Chris Cole, have been working hard since Reza’s release in November to put together a fresh asylum claim based on article 8. This claim will prove that Reza has established a private life in Sheffield and that he has friends and supporters here. Chris has been trying to finish the claim today, so that it can be sent tomorrow and hopefully help to stop Reza from being deported.

We have been in contact with David Blunkett’s office; who has contacted the immigration office to find out why they have arrested Reza. The office said Blunkett will support Reza and try to stop Reza’s removal to Afghanistan.

Please help us to save Reza by sending letters and emails to the UKBA and Home Secretary asking them to stop Reza’s removal from the UK. A template is below.

Thank you for your support,

The Save Reza team.

No comments:

Post a Comment